Monday, August 19, 2013

REFLECTIONS ON WEEK 1

1.) I'd say the only thing that would affect my participation in class would be tiredness or laziness and lack of interest. Most stuff will probably keep me interested but definitely not everything.

2.) An awesome best ever learning experience that I had that changed my life was actually a youtube video. It was a lecture by a theoretical physicist named Brian Cox about how the universe worked. It was really confusing at first but it really opened my mind up to how the universe worked and how large it actually was. After watching it several times, I started understanding it more and more and it really interested me and made me want to study the universe. It caused me to think about how small and minuscule the earth is and especially how small we are. In a way it made me feel very unimportant as well as the whole human race and made me realize how lucky we got to have the right combination of elements on a planet that is the perfect distant away from a star to sustain life. It also made me wonder why we don't put more money into space programs to venture out there and learn more about stars, blacks holes, supernovas, etc. Another thing it made me wonder is why countries just don't unite to create a space program called EARTH or something like that and group resources together. It really got me thinking.

3.) I am excited about reading pieces of work that I probably would never have read before. I am concerned about the amount of work and not finishing all of it because of work I have in other classes. I think it will make a practical difference in my life by keeping my mind focused on goals and learning new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment