Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Choice (First post of 2014)

1.) The choice has to do with the girl and whether or not she wants to take the poison herself or have it shoved down her throat.

2.) It is a real choice because she literally has to choose between two different things. They both have the same result but she has a choice on whether or not it's done violently.

3.) The author uses the word poison in the first line because it has similar effects that poison does.

4.) The child wants to play with a toy that is intended for older kids because even she knows she might not make it to the certain age so she might as well play with the toy now. I do agree because the child seems like they are smart and would know not to use the toy in a wrong way if they already knew what might be a possibility.

5.) If I thought I wasn't going to live until the age of thirty I would finish school and even go to college for however long I needed to all while spending as much time with my girlfriend and family as possible. I would have a job but I would always be saving up money to take my girlfriend to new places and have new experiences. I wouldn't change a lot but I would want to be happy for as long as I could be.

6.) This circumstance is a good of example of why it makes sense but only if everyone involved has agreed that it is for the greater good.

7.) I think that yes suffering is a necessary condition of life and love because it makes you appreciate love so much more and reminds you that not everything's perfect.

8.) We empathize with the author because we can all imagine a loved one being in the situation and what it would be like if that happened to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment